Are you wondering what the No Sweat Nature Study series has to offer? Click that little tab above to find out!
Would you ever want to wander the dark forest floor of a dense jungle of a rainforest with its estimated 50,000,000 species of animals possibly hiding around every corner?
If I had a GREAT tour guide and some powerful bug spray, I might venture into the depths of a rainforest. I bet it’s incredible to see!
What if we skip the bug spray go on a modified trip to the rainforest together? We can learn amazing facts, watch really cool videos, observe the most colorful specimens you can imagine, and have some fun with rainforest experiments. It will almost be like we’re there. Almost.
Each time we venture into the rainforest, we can focus on something new and exciting:
- What are rainforest biomes?
- How is a tropical rainforest different from a temperate rainforest?
- What are the layers you find in a rainforest?
- What does biodiversity mean?
- What are the most colorful animals you can find in rainforests?
- Do dangerous animals live there?
- What are some interesting rainforest plants?
- Do medicines and spices really come from the rainforest?
I hope you’ll join me on this exciting journey! Bring along a nature notebook and some colorful sketching supplies. You won’t want to miss keeping a journal of your excursions!
Each of the lessons, appropriate for multiple ages between 1st-8th grade, includes several fun and easy options to discover the rainforest biomes. You get to decide exactly how long your “field trip” lasts as you pick and choose the learning activities. Sample plans are included to help you make the most of the curriculum.
- 33 pages
- Digital curriculum
- Appropriate for black and white printing, but printing is not necessary
- Content suitable for charter schools