How To Tweak Curriculum To Meet Your Needs
Wait! Before you ditch the curriculum that isn’t working, try tweaking it instead. There are so many easy things you can do to make the curriculum you have now meet the needs of your specific children or your general homeschool style. Learn about several options that could save your sanity and your pocketbook!
Yes, I really am saying that I can teach you how to tweak curriculum you already own to make it work – even if it seems like a complete failure.
While there are certainly times that it’s best to throw a curriculum into the farthest dump pile you can find, you’ll be surprised at how easy it can be to make a few simple changes that turn that curriculum frown upside down.
How do you know when a curriculum isn’t working? There are lots of ways to tell, but here are a few of the most common signs you might see in your children:
- You hear frequent complaints or even see tears on a regular basis.
- It takes hours to finish the work.
- You find the need to reteach the material often for lack of understanding.
- You’re always searching for a “different” way to help them understand what the curriculum already taught.
- Conversely, perhaps your child zips through the work without any real effort at all.
As the parent, you might find yourself thinking things like:
- This curriculum seems to move really fast (or slow).
- There is SO much material to cover. How will they ever take it all in?
- The amount of busy work everyday would have me in tears, too.
- This curriculum doesn’t seem to cover nearly enough of the nitty-gritty.
- My kids are so bored/frustrated/disengaged.
- Clearly, we have a learning style issue with this curriculum.
I have a toolbox of fairly easy ideas ready to help you learn how to fix any or all of these issues. Yes, thankfully, it isn’t that hard to tweak curriculum!
Will it take a little work? Of course. Will it take time? At least at first it will.
As I always tell parents, your investment of time and energy now will seem like nothing comparatively. What do I mean? First, each one of the issues listed above is stalling your child from learning – or at least from developing a love for learning – and that matters! And second, you’re already investing time and energy into what isn’t working – even if it’s nothing more than hearing the daily complaints that steal everyone’s mojo for the day.
But, enough of the negative. Let’s focus on the positive and whip your curriculum into shape so that it actually does the job it’s intended to do, which is to inspire your children to learn!
The class will include ideas for curriculum that moves too fast or too slow, is boring, needs to meet the needs of a different type of learner, or needs to be used with multiple ages successfully – and any other scenarios you want to discuss. Let’s fix this!
1 hour of training + a 30 minute Q&A time.
BONUS: You’ll have forever access to the video replay and can ask additional questions in a special Facebook group set up just for you!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.