Where have I been this summer? Golly, my head is spinning and I’m not sure at all where I’ve been or what I’ve been doing. I do know that I haven’t had much time to sit down! And the garden is just coming on, so sitting down doesn’t look to be in my future for some time. Even with all the busyness, I wouldn’t trade these crazy moments with my family for the world!
I hope your summer is going well!
- Mahayla and I took a girl trip to Mammoth Cave with her BFF.
- Caleb celebrated his 12th birthday.
- Our family helped with the CHEK Conference and I hosted a Shining Dawn Books booth.
- We’ve enjoyed many nature walks when the weather hasn’t been brutally hot.
- We’ve piddled around with activities from my summer fun Pinterest board.
- Caleb’s baseball team visited a teammate in the hospital.
- Speaking of baseball…it (and softball) have been responsible for most of my dizzying summer moments!
- Hours have been spent on the four-wheeler.
- We hosted a YHEC Event sponsored by the NRA.
- Because of our extreme drought conditions, we’ve had two dust storms.
- We love our chickens!
- Trampolines, sprinklers, friends and cousins have kept us laughing.
- Visits from grandparents and great-grandparents are always fun.
- The kids have enjoyed keeping themselves busy with the ideas on my summer fun Pinterest board, too.
I have several meaty posts in the works beginning in August. Until then, have a safe summer and make memories!
Comments3 Responses to “Summer 2012”
Leave a comment, and if you'd like your own picture to show up next to your comments, go get a gravatar!